Skip to main content

~He who calls you is faithful~


Hi friends! It has been ages; I've missed you!

Have you ever noticed it is almost immediately after you finish telling someone just how good you have been doing that it seems that suddenly everything starts going downhill again? That has been me this week. I was gifted with some rare moments of time with close mentors this past week, a time to be honest with where we are in life and uplift each other up for God’s glory. The devil hates progress for the Lord; we know this. God tells us we will have such struggles in this life because of the great name we hold. So, I take this new season of tribulation and discrimination for my faith as a reward from Him It shows His goodness, His protection, and His hold on my life in action. I will be thankful for that.

I have been sensing myself rapidly slipping back into my old coping methods of handling stress recently. I haven’t experienced this in a long time before now; praise God for that. Throughout this summer, God has been faithfully summoning me towards leadership roles. Roles I did not know I wanted or even could do one day. This is an amazing yearning to see develop in myself, but I must admit such a terrifying one. Through internships, promotions through work, church involvement, and strangely, so many other areas of my life these few weeks, God has brought me to a place of leadership. I am so thankful for what He is doing, for whatever plan He has for me that I cannot yet see or understand fully. 

I struggled to find peace in everything, though, even in all this good God is bestowing on me. I am overwhelmed by the prospects and responsibilities that are to come this semester. My future for school and beyond isn’t looking like what I had meticulously agonized over and planned for years. This was a concept I have slowly had to release to the Lord. I need to believe He can and will do whatever is best in every situation, not believe naively that everything will or should happen Emma’s way. I don’t know the right way, but God’s way is always the right way. We can take confidence in that fact.

 I went searching for a verse to comfort me in this time, to regain control over the worries. The verse that I landed on was 1 Thessalonians 5:24, which says, “The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.” HOW STINKING AMAZING IS THAT ONE SMALL SENTENCE? I mean, wow God, just wow. It perfectly sums up how I feel right now, giving me the confidence I need even when I feel greatly unprepared. The Lord has been calling me towards His plan for this. When I didn’t know why I was being called to step into things I wasn’t interested in or really wanted to do. In obedience, with only a confusing conviction that this is what I needed to do to prepare for something. All the while, God has been working it all together for something, for these new promotions, new roles, and new circle of influence. Everything so I could step into a seat of authority to bring Him to glory. He will remain faithful and see us through if we stay steadfast in Him.

Before I close out here for the night, I just want to say something. I know what I write may not always make sense, but somehow that is okay with me for now. I am content to just be in God’s presence as I write what I believe He put on my heart for you tonight. So please, bear with me for a minute as I pray over each of you, anyone who may read this endless outpour of my heart and mind.  

Hey God, I lift up each and every person who comes across this page. I ask that you speak through these rambles so that they hear you only and not me. That you create a space in their life that they can grow in, that they see you more clearly. I know how deeply you love each of us, even if we don’t know it yet. Thank you for the people you place in our lives, for the opportunity you provide for us to know you more and show you to others and live in your grace. I pray for blessings and protection over this community. Open eyes to who you are and the amazing plans you have. Bring peace and wisdom to each of these wonderful humans who may read this. I thank you, God, for being my faithful friend in all things. In Your incredible name, I pray, Amen.

P.S The song, Run to the Father by Cody Carnes totally hit me hard tonight and inspired this post for unknown reasons so I am going to link it below in case you guys want to hear it.

                                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpeLDp0Foo




Hugs,
Em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-C.O.M.M.U.N.I.T.Y-

Hello Friends!    It's been a while; life has been its usual whirlwind.    I've been thinking a lot about community lately, how necessary it is in our lives and the importance of reaching out to others instead of living in that self-sustaining mindset.  Growing up, the youth group I attended had a core value they based their church on. This statement was, "You can't do life alone." This is such a truthful sentence that is admittedly stuck in my head even to this day. The only problem is I never really experienced or understood what that meant until recently. Growing up, my family and I went through a lot of trials. As a result of this, we were, in a sense, "stripped" of some friendships and community. Some of this by default and some by choice. Being a pretty shy person, I am the first to admit I wasn't so keen on putting myself out there and trusting new people, especially as a teenager. Even as an adult now, I still struggle with thinking I, in fac

-Eye Love to Observe-

Hi Friends,      I’ve missed talking with you!        I write this as I sit in Jury Duty, juror ID and all. I must say, as much as this tends to be such a dreaded commitment, I am enjoying getting to people watch. There are so many different types of people and each one reacts and interacts, in their own unique way. I remember a few years ago, my grandmother took a train down from the north all the way to my home here in the south and when she arrived, she spent a great time describing all the different people she saw. She enlightened me on how much you can learn from being silent and observing. My favorite of her observations was of this particular gentleman who wore a top hat and had a cane.                                                               It is often through quietness and observation that one learns. I have spent most of my life being known as the shy girl who doesn’t talk. Not my favorite way to be defined, I must admit. However, in reality, while people s