Skip to main content

"Summer escapes, daydreams and tourist traps"

Good Morning Friends! 

    We've officially passed the first official day of summer and are now surrounded by ever-increasing temperatures and that great summer sun. Admittedly, summer has never been one of my favorite times of the year. Whether it was because of the ridiculous heat and ever-annoying humidity that came with this season, lack of schoolwork to do (I am that weirdo who missed having homework to do), or the long unstructured time span, whatever the reason, I just wasn't a huge fan of summer vacation. However, as I have gotten older, I've come to appreciate the simplicity of summertime. 

    Even when I may long for the structure of a normal school semester, I realize the blessing of a break from all of the stress that comes with professors and assignments. Even when the sun feels like it is trying to bake the whole world and my hair has decided it hates me and expands into a stupid lions mane because of the humidity, yay for those unruly curls, I pause to remember how soft the sun feels on my face and how beautiful each sunset is. Even when I long for structured days, I remember how nice it is to be able to go to work every day and enjoy it without having to worry about submitting homework or the impending deadlines that come with the fall semester. 

    This summer I have decided to make a change. To embrace this time of leisure and not waste it or dread it. To use this time for growth and enjoy it fully. 

    This summer break I aim to learn to be able to speak Spanish at least a little bit more so I can communicate with the families at work better and meet their needs. To fully commit me to exercise daily. To truly spend the free time I have studying God's word and happily put time with Him before other things. To get out of my comfort zone and be more adventurous even when it so isn't a normal "Emma" thing to do (Kickboxing, kickboxing, kickboxing, and oh yeah, some other things too... but can you tell I am proud of myself for stepping out and giving that a try?). Step out of my corner and stop being so shy to open up more. To invest back into and bless the people who daily make my life better and worthwhile.


    So this summer, I pray each of you takes a deep breath, embraces this season of rest and purpose, and dives right in:) 

    What are some of your summer goals or favorite parts of Summer? Comment below; I'd love to hear!

    Fun Emma Fact: My birthday, my mom's birthday, and my niece's birthday are all in the summer!🌞

    Check out this song, it is called "Summer Forgets Me" and it makes me so happy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0nAvtOrHUE


Hugs, 
Em




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-Eye Love to Observe-

Hi Friends,      I’ve missed talking with you!        I write this as I sit in Jury Duty, juror ID and all. I must say, as much as this tends to be such a dreaded commitment, I am enjoying getting to people watch. There are so many different types of people and each one reacts and interacts, in their own unique way. I remember a few years ago, my grandmother took a train down from the north all the way to my home here in the south and when she arrived, she spent a great time describing all the different people she saw. She enlightened me on how much you can learn from being silent and observing. My favorite of her observations was of this particular gentleman who wore a top hat and had a cane.                                           ...

-Bloom-

Hi Friends!  So here it is late Saturday night, and I sit at my laptop next to this vibrant, lovely, and super cheerful vase of flowers. I'm thinking about what I want to write about tonight when suddenly I look up at these flowers and remember an old book I had read about the secret codes behind flower giving. I remember thinking it was really interesting and such a cute, fun idea, so I would share some of it with you tonight.  Did you know that specific types of flowers have different meanings behind them? Basically, the "love language" or code behind giving flowers. I personally LOVE flowers, especially wildflowers. A jar of fresh flowers can brighten up a dreary day and add a spark of festivity and happiness.    Here are a few flowers and their meanings: Carnations symbolize pride and beauty Red Roses symbolize romantic love White roses symbolize purity, innocence, and new beginnings Yellow Roses symbolize exuberance, caring, and friendship...

~The Passion Project~

Hi Friends!      I have a question for you today...      What would you do if you had unlimited resources, finances were unlimited, and failure wasn't a possibility?      Now I want you to really think about that before you go ahead and answer. I am going to give you a little back story on why I felt inspired to ask you this question tonight. Actually, knowing me, it won't be anywhere near a "little" back story, most probably more like a million-page ramble, but then again, I guess I warned you when I named this blog, right? :)      Do you know how you can ask questions on Instagram now? Well, a friend of mine just posted a little while ago, asking people to tell her what they were passionate about. I responded and told her I was passionate about helping people and being the heart of service. And oh yeah, also passionate about cat socks, because well...duh, they are wonderful. Anyways, that's neither here nor there. ...