Skip to main content

-Fathers-


Good Morning Friends,

I've been thinking a lot these past few days, and I never could quite find the words to express what I have been wanting to say. With Father's Day this past weekend, I suddenly felt something laid on my heart to write about. Most people think about Father's Day and think of it as a completely wonderful day to celebrate all the amazing things their dads are, sharing those happy memories with the world. While that is great, something came to me...something I hope can help someone out there. The thing is, for some of you, that may not be a very real reality. Maybe your dad has passed away, left you, or hurt you... whatever your situation may be, it could be that a day to celebrate someone who has been all but less than perfect in your life is the last thing you would want to do. It's a hard thing to deal with, a day to dread, an easy thing to feel left out or jealous about, and frankly, that's okay. It is okay to feel sad and not be excited for such a day. But dear friends, please know that if that was you, my heart reaches out to you and know you were being prayed for this past holiday and every day.

The world often puts so much pressure on being what they call a "typical," "normal," and "perfect" family. Guys, that just isn't life's reality. Take heart, my friends; even though your earthly dad may not be perfect, and times may be rough, remember that no matter the situation here, you have a heavenly dad who loves you completely, totally, and perfectly! He made you just specifically as he wanted, in His beautiful and perfect image, and adores you so much that He gave up his life for you, YOU. That is the most heroic Father's Day story I can think of. So no matter how great, wonderful, awful, or tough your relationship with your father is, remember that you have a king and father fighting for you, and you are loved today and every day. 💗💗💗

Image result for good good father lyrics              Image result for father to the fatherless bible verse





Hugs,
Em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-Eye Love to Observe-

Hi Friends,      I’ve missed talking with you!        I write this as I sit in Jury Duty, juror ID and all. I must say, as much as this tends to be such a dreaded commitment, I am enjoying getting to people watch. There are so many different types of people and each one reacts and interacts, in their own unique way. I remember a few years ago, my grandmother took a train down from the north all the way to my home here in the south and when she arrived, she spent a great time describing all the different people she saw. She enlightened me on how much you can learn from being silent and observing. My favorite of her observations was of this particular gentleman who wore a top hat and had a cane.                                           ...

-Bloom-

Hi Friends!  So here it is late Saturday night, and I sit at my laptop next to this vibrant, lovely, and super cheerful vase of flowers. I'm thinking about what I want to write about tonight when suddenly I look up at these flowers and remember an old book I had read about the secret codes behind flower giving. I remember thinking it was really interesting and such a cute, fun idea, so I would share some of it with you tonight.  Did you know that specific types of flowers have different meanings behind them? Basically, the "love language" or code behind giving flowers. I personally LOVE flowers, especially wildflowers. A jar of fresh flowers can brighten up a dreary day and add a spark of festivity and happiness.    Here are a few flowers and their meanings: Carnations symbolize pride and beauty Red Roses symbolize romantic love White roses symbolize purity, innocence, and new beginnings Yellow Roses symbolize exuberance, caring, and friendship...

~The Passion Project~

Hi Friends!      I have a question for you today...      What would you do if you had unlimited resources, finances were unlimited, and failure wasn't a possibility?      Now I want you to really think about that before you go ahead and answer. I am going to give you a little back story on why I felt inspired to ask you this question tonight. Actually, knowing me, it won't be anywhere near a "little" back story, most probably more like a million-page ramble, but then again, I guess I warned you when I named this blog, right? :)      Do you know how you can ask questions on Instagram now? Well, a friend of mine just posted a little while ago, asking people to tell her what they were passionate about. I responded and told her I was passionate about helping people and being the heart of service. And oh yeah, also passionate about cat socks, because well...duh, they are wonderful. Anyways, that's neither here nor there. ...