Skip to main content

-Bloom-


Hi Friends! 
So here it is late Saturday night, and I sit at my laptop next to this vibrant, lovely, and super cheerful vase of flowers. I'm thinking about what I want to write about tonight when suddenly I look up at these flowers and remember an old book I had read about the secret codes behind flower giving. I remember thinking it was really interesting and such a cute, fun idea, so I would share some of it with you tonight. 

Did you know that specific types of flowers have different meanings behind them? Basically, the "love language" or code behind giving flowers. I personally LOVE flowers, especially wildflowers. A jar of fresh flowers can brighten up a dreary day and add a spark of festivity and happiness.  




 Here are a few flowers and their meanings:
  • Carnations symbolize pride and beauty
  • Red Roses symbolize romantic love
  • White roses symbolize purity, innocence, and new beginnings
  • Yellow Roses symbolize exuberance, caring, and friendship 
  • Sunflowers symbolize adoration
  • Violets symbolize loyalty, devotion, and faithfulness  
  • Bluebells symbolize humility 
  • Daffodils symbolize regard 
  • Daisies symbolize loyal love and gentleness
  • Ivy symbolize fidelity 
   

   

           The Language of Flowers by Katie Daisy 



 Hugs,
Em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-Eye Love to Observe-

Hi Friends,      I’ve missed talking with you!        I write this as I sit in Jury Duty, juror ID and all. I must say, as much as this tends to be such a dreaded commitment, I am enjoying getting to people watch. There are so many different types of people and each one reacts and interacts, in their own unique way. I remember a few years ago, my grandmother took a train down from the north all the way to my home here in the south and when she arrived, she spent a great time describing all the different people she saw. She enlightened me on how much you can learn from being silent and observing. My favorite of her observations was of this particular gentleman who wore a top hat and had a cane.                                           ...

~The Passion Project~

Hi Friends!      I have a question for you today...      What would you do if you had unlimited resources, finances were unlimited, and failure wasn't a possibility?      Now I want you to really think about that before you go ahead and answer. I am going to give you a little back story on why I felt inspired to ask you this question tonight. Actually, knowing me, it won't be anywhere near a "little" back story, most probably more like a million-page ramble, but then again, I guess I warned you when I named this blog, right? :)      Do you know how you can ask questions on Instagram now? Well, a friend of mine just posted a little while ago, asking people to tell her what they were passionate about. I responded and told her I was passionate about helping people and being the heart of service. And oh yeah, also passionate about cat socks, because well...duh, they are wonderful. Anyways, that's neither here nor there. ...